Taking the Necessary Steps
You’ve probably heard of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) before, but it probably seems like something you’d hire someone else to handle. We find that SEO practices are so important for our clients, that we’ve begun focusing on offering it as a separate service from our other Virtual Marketing services. Even if you don’t have the desire to hire an entire marketing department, we do recommend you build a foundation in order to be search engine optimized.
Many companies will charge thousands of dollars just to get you started, when in reality the basic foundation only requires a few quick, though incredibly important, steps. We provide this base service for hundreds less, enabling you to make sure your site is ready to more aggressively climb the ranks of the major search engines.
What Do I Get in the Beginning?
- We will verify that your site has an XML sitemap, and if needed will install one for you. An XML sitemap shows search engines where to find specific items on your site, thus making them more appealing. We will then manually submit these XML sitemaps to Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
- We will conduct a scan of your site to find broken links or repetitive META tags and fix them.
- We will find out what keywords your competitors are promoting, their page rank scores, and just how many inbound links they have. We’ll find out just how long their domain has been registered. All of this paints a picture of their search engine credibility that we can then compare to yours.
- We will do keyword research on up to 10 keywords. We then use this data to put together a suggested link campaign.
Building a Campaign
Search Engine Optimization doesn’t just end after you get setup. In the beginning you are establishing that everything is set, that your proverbial engine is in top shape and that everything under the hood is working in sync. Then you have to get in the race.
It is best to work with a member of the Webmosa team to craft a budget, direction, and over-arching goals for your SEO campaign. You will need to assess how best to utilize the following components on a monthly basis:
- Ranking Reports
- Link Building
- Link Brokering
- Keyword Density
- Keyword Effectiveness Indexing (KEI)
- Local vs. National Audience Targeting
There are many different ways to optimize your site for search engines, but there’s not just ONE best way to do it. Every site is different, and every client who hires us has different goals in mind. No matter your goals, we will work diligently with you to craft a campaign that fits your budget, gives you a great return-on-investment, and keeps you updated along the way.